Suing Your Employer or High-Level Supervisor for Sexual Harassment
Sexual Harassment occurs when an employer or supervisor makes continued unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or unwanted physical contact that is offensive or lewd. At The Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. we vigorously pursue cases against employers and high-level supervisors who sexually harass employees. Mr. Madison has pursued business owners, doctors, psychiatrists, lawyers for sexually harassing their employees.
Kevin R. Madison pursues sexual harassment cases against employers, business owners, and high-level supervisors using state laws that prohibit unwelcome touching (“assault by contact”) and outrageous conduct that causes serious emotional distress (“intentional infliction of emotional distress”), rather than using federal Equal Employment Opportunity laws that prohibit sexual harassment.
In cases that involve groping, touching, or outrageous intentional lewd conduct, Mr. Madison pursues the predators using Texas statutes and causes of action recognized by Texas appellate courts (case law). Civil charges of Assault by Contact and Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress are utilized to pursue those who sexually harass their employees.
Some examples of illegal conduct by an employer or a high-level supervisor include:
- Repeated unwelcome comments of a sexual or lewd nature to an employee
- Sending lewd or pornographic emails, text messages, or voicemail to an employee
- Unwelcome groping or touching of an employee
- Unwelcome kissing of an employee
- Sexual assault of an employee
- Requesting sexual relations from an employee
- Describing sexual fantasies about an employee to that employee